There's not really enough detail to determine exactly what's wrong.

Since you indicate you can set the hpg.pwmgen.00.out.xx.value signals and get expected results, it sounds like the PRU is properly generating PWM signals. Note that by default the value signal is normalized, so 0.0 is "always off", 1.0 is "always on" and 0.5 is "on half of the time".

I do like to explicitly set the PRU period, but I doubt that's causing your problems: https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/machine-configs/blob/master/configs/CoreXZ/CoreXZ.ini#L3

So if the PWM is working correctly the problem is likely with the PID or temperature code. Use halmeter, halsscope, or just "halcmd show pin" to see what the signals are doing. If you can't tell what's wrong, post some additional debugging from these utilities and maybe we can spot what's going wrong.

Finally, one thing that trips up a lot of CRAMPS users is you have a bunch of different power supply connections. There are three different supplies for the CRAMPS FET outputs:

  P402: EXTPWR (E0, E1, E2)
  P403: BEDPWR (BEDHTR output)
  P404: AUXPWR  V+ (FET5, FET6)

Make sure you have all the necessary supply rails connected. The LED next to the FET output connector should light when the FET is on and power is properly applied. For testing, you can use halcmd to set any signals that are not being actively driven (eg: halcmd setp hpg.pwmgen.00.out.02.value 1.0) without having to edit your HAL file and relaunch.