When in preferences, if I click on a security setting that is not recommended, a
dialog comes up warning me about it. No problem.

However, if I quickly  click in the preferences content after clicking that security
radio button, the modal warning dialog starts to open, and then the 2nd click brings
the preferences pane above that dialog...and now I'm stuck.

The only way out it to realize what happened and use the ESC key to Cancel the dialog.

Exact steps to reproduce:
1) Bring up IE's preferences.
2) Click on Security Zones
3) Choose "Internet" from the Zone popup at the top of the window.
4) Click "Low" and then quickly click on "Medium".
5) Note that you're now locked in a modal state, with no indication of how to get out,
and mouse method to do so.
6) Press esc to cancel the hidden dialog.
--
Gavin Kistner
Strategist > Refinery, Inc.