on Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:36:02PM -0500, Gavin Kistner wrote:
> Does anyone have any working JS code for dynamically adding a new
> row of data to an existing table?

Yeah, I'm using that technique on a page I set up to track the progress
of the book I'm working on (Dynamic HTML Bible, due in November). I've
made a copy and trimmed down the table a bit (there are actually 46 or
so chapters, the author listed for each chapter is wrong, page counts
are completely fictional, etc. :)

 http://hesketh.com/schampeo/macie/

The page begins with a stub row containing the text "calculating
statistics" and then the function replaces that row with several
others, one for each author, and a total.

You can also display chapters for each author, but that's not what
you asked about ;)

It's not super-elegant, but it works in IE5/Mac, IE5.5/Win, Netscape6,
and Mozilla, it's valid XHTML, and it was fun.

HTH,
Steve