Gavin Kistner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Is there any way to get IE 5.0 to remember widow sizes.
>
>The nominal way (bugs which may or may not preventing this behavior
>excepted) is to open a window, resize and place it whereever you
>would like all new windows to open, and close it. After that, all
>windows are supposed to open at that size, in that place.

Unfortunately, it doesn't consistently work that way :(

I use "open in new window" lots, and there is no predictability in the way
IE actually sizes windows. I can do the above, then open a new window, close
it, and the next time I open a new one, it's a different size that the
previous one.

I also get quite annoyed with the fact that sometimes it *does* work -- some
pop-up add will, er, pop up, so I close it. The next time I open a window in
IE, it's the size of the pop-up ad rather than other windows.

I much preferred the way Netscape did things -- all new windows cascade down
from the current "top-most" (vertically speaking) window.

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>