on 10/1/01 9:51 AM, Gavin Kistner at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Easy there, Harry. Yup, it's a "doh!". But I can completely
> understand how it occurred:

I follow what you're saying, and I fully understand that with the rush to
get this beats out, obviously some stuff slipped through - nevertheless,
this issues should promptly be addressed in the form of an automatic upgrade
from Apple's Software Update to avoid this becoming a true exploit - I
prefer being able to stub my nose at Windows users for the e-mail virus
problems they have :-)

> Click on a link for application.hqx...oops, probably whatever code
> attempts to pass off the deHQX file for further processing also
> results in executables being run.

Easy one - this should be entirely configurable via the prefs, and should be
turned OFF by default - or better yet, there should be no automatic
execution, but a dialog box (similar to Win) that gives the user the option
to 'open' or 'run' the file.

Harry

---
http://www.zinkdifferent.com

"Virtue does not come from money, but rather from virtue comes money,
and all things good to man" -Socrates

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>