On Friday, October 19, 2001, at 11:31  PM, Bryan Harris wrote:
> I think he's asking if you can upload to an ftp server via IE, and I'm
> pretty sure the answer is no.

Oh, whoa, until now I didn't know you could do that with IE either.
Crazy MS IE-is-the-OS-no-wait-it-isn't-er-yes-it-is stuff.

No, I'm also rather certain you can't upload files using MacIE.

It would be nice, though. I wouldn't want a drag-and-drop
paradigm, since it would be confusing to users who don't (and
shouldn't have to) know the difference between HTTP and FTP
("why can't I upload pictures to this web page, but I can to
this one?"). But having a "upload" browse button at the bottom
of all directory listings would be neat.

> I'm partial to NetFinder myself, though Fetch is free and a
> decent program.

I'm a fan of Interarchy, even though they went full-blown commercial.
It's still the cleanest and fastest FTP program, IMO.

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>