Seems like there's still some growing pains. I picked this up on a QT5
mailing list. This might be of interest, and maybe should be addressed if
this holds true:

--
It seems that my IE 5.1.2 on OS X is possessed by some evil force.

The default settings in IE 5.1.2 are to handle QuickTime .mov
extension and video/quicktime MIME as "view with browser".

This is terrible as it uses IE's API instead of the plugin when
linking or directly opening .mov files.  It's bad because in some
cases it uses it's own aspect ratio and totally kills Fast Start
downloading the whole clip before playing it.  It also opens a new
window that is not visible until the file has downloaded all the way.

If I remember correctly, when I installed QT 5.0.2 on OS 9.x, QT
changed the IE settings to "handle" .mov with the plug in, but does
not seem to be the case under IE 5.1.2 with QT 5.0.2 in Puma 5G64.

No problem I say, I just go into the preferences and set
"Handling->How to handle: view with Plug-in->QuickTime Plugin.plugin".

The problem is that my setting change is kept as long as the
application is running.  If I quit IE and launch it again, it reverts
to handle .mov to "view with browser".