On Sun, 7 Oct 2001 17:44:59 -0700, Sivan Mozes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I downloaded a straight dmg file with MacIE, and got garbled text in
>a browser window. I stopped before downloading megabytes more. I
>looked in prefs, and found no entry for .dmg. I assigned it to be
>post-processed by DiskCopy (binary encoding) but it keeps opening up
>in the browser. That particular download has no mime-type header,
>btw.
>
>I think this should be included in shipping MacIE prefs. How should
>it be done at this point?

This isn't an IE problem -- it's a server configuration problem. The server
admin doesn't have the server configured properly for dmg files. This can
also happen for hqx, zip, sit, or any other encoded file type.

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>