on Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 01:35:17PM -0700, Rick Mann wrote:
> Now, there's one more feature I'd really love: the ability to suppress the
> creation of a new window by JavaScript. This way, all of those annoying
> popup windows (ads) can be avoided.

Correction: suppress the creation of a new window by JavaScript unless
there is some user action. In other words, window.open() should only
work after a user generated event such as a click. I wouldn't want to
suppress all popups, as they are extremely useful. Just those that the
browser spawns from an onload or onunload.