Hi,

I have noticed that MSIE for OS X has had problems dealing with the
Proxy settings set in the Internet system preferences panel.  In version
5.1.2, it seems to get all the proxy servers and ports from the Internet
settings properly, but for some reason doesn't enable the "Secure" proxy
checkbox.  When will this be fixed?

Also, on a related subject is the text box presented to the user to
describe domains/sites which don't require a connection through a
proxy.  Both Internet Explorer and Entourage seem to want or require a
different syntax for describing these (for instance, *.hp.com) versus
what is the standard set in Internet Config (hp.com).  This
inconsistency creates an environment where the Mac BU's Internet-aware
products don't play nicely with other Internet-aware programs, such as
other browsers, FTP clients, and so forth.  These issues can be seen in
both Mac OS 9 and 10.1.

Info on when these issues will be resolved would be helpful.  Someday it
would be nice to not have to flip back and forth between 3 browsers to
access all the websites I deal with all day.

Thanks,
Smith

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>