I have two old macs that I must part with sorrowfully. We upgraded
hardware and now I find these computers in storage- clearly the wrong
place for any working mac.
    The first one is a Mac Plus that was given to me by a friend who
upgraded. It is missing a mouse (the old kind) but I believe that it is
in complete working order otherwise (ie- I booted it w/o mouse and
everything came up- I jsut couldn't do anything b/c OS6 doesn't have a
ton of keyboard shortcuts...) It has a lot of software and documentation
with it.
    The second is my dearly loved LCIII, fully operational. (Well, the
clock battery needs to be replaced and the zip drive's power supply
burned out, but otherwise it is fine.)
    I understand that I don't have the right to jealosly imprison these
machines when they are still quite worthy of use, but my qualm for
months has been that I don't want them to go to a home where the user
doesn't understand them and will end up not using them or hurting them.
Then I stumbled across lowendmac.com. Thus, I make my plea- does anybody
know how or where I could put these macs to the best use? I would most
like these to go to a school or to the home of a student who doesn't
have a computer, though the primary importance is to have them in loving
hands. As a side note, I would love to be able to get the contents of
their drives burned to a CD or something, though I do not have the
resources to do this. Any ideas? I live in Phoenix, AZ. If you have any
suggestions about local contacts, I would sincerely appreciate it. Or,
if any of you think that you would be ineterested in these computers, I
will send out the full specifications (RAM, peripherals, software, etc).

    Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

    Ross Tucker
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]