Hello, Amber

I'm new to this list, but I've used DAVE in the past. Thursby does not
officially support printing to PC-shared non-postscript printers. They only
officially support postscript printers (laser printers). I'll quote from their FAQ:

Q.   Does DAVE support non-PostScript printers?

A.   Both inkjet and PostScript inbound printer sharing are supported on Mac OS
X. DAVE is the only product offering SMB printing support for Mac OS X. DAVE 4.0
and above may be able to print to outbound inkjet printers attached to a PC.
However, this functionality is not officially supported in the current version.

Full bi-directional PostScript printing is supported on Mac OS 8.6-9.2. However,
to print to printers connected to Windows that are not PostScript-compatible,
two suggestions we've given to customers are products called SuperPrint by
Zenographics and Alladin Ghostscript.

If you are using Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2.2 we recommend the following products:

SuperPrint, among other things, has a PostScript interpreter for non-PostScript
printers. Install this on the PC that is sharing the printer, configure the
PostScript interpreter (which creates a new print queue), share the PostScript
print queue and connect to that printer using DAVE. The software even creates a
PPD for that printer for use with programs like LaserWriter 8 on the Macintosh.
SuperPrint supports Windows 3.1x, Windows 95, Windows NT 3.5.1 and 4.0. Though
not thoroughly tested, it may also work on Windows 98/Me.

SuperPrint can be purchased direct from the manufacturer.

Zenographics
(800) 566-7468
http://www.zeno.com
$49.99 (quoted on 9/20/00)

Although difficult to configure, the free product Ghostscript has an interpreter
that allows printing to printers that don't have the PostScript language
capability build in. Ghostscript can be downloaded at:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.htm

A print port redirector called Redmon is commonly used with Ghostscript and a
non-PostScript printer to emulate a PostScript printer. Redmon is free and
available at:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/index.htm

For Epson printers, Epson has a product called Epson StylusRIP that allows some
of their inkjet printers to accept PostScript. This software is dependent on the
model of the printer. For more information on this software, contact Epson at
1-800-GO-EPSON.

If you are using Mac OS X 10.2 and above, we recommend the following product:

For customers running Mac OS 10.2 and above, there is available a free
application called Gimp-Print. Gimp-Print is a package of high quality printer
drivers for Mac OS X Jaguar, Linux, BSD, Solaris, IRIX and other Unix-like
operating systems. Gimp-Print includes support for almost 300 printers including
Canon, Epson, HP, and Lexmark.

A list of supported printers is available at
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3.

Toward the bottom of that page is a list of printer drivers that may work for
printers that are not listed in the Gimp-Print software.

Gimp-Print is available at:http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3.

Best Regards,

Gino LV. Ledesma
http://www.pinoymac.org/
Philippines

--
Gino LV. Ledesma
  // Random Programmer's Quip: It works on my machine.