On 13/01/2014 16:27, Hendrik Schreiber wrote:
On Jan 13, 2014, at 14:14, Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

Hi, yes it is fixed in early access version of Java 8

http://download.java.net/jdk8/changes/jdk8-b119.html?q=download/jdk8/changes/jdk8-b119.html
Was this fixed by http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8027913 or
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7124253?

Have you verified the fix?

When dragging a JPEG (which is not embedded in HTML) from a web browser to my
app, I never get a URL or a File list flavor. What I reliably see is:

java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor[mimetype=image/x-java-image;representationclass=java.awt.Image]

and depending on the browser a bunch of other text/... flavors. But I'd much
rather have a URL or a file...

This is on OS X 10.9.1 and FireFox 26, Chrome 31 and Safari 7.0.1, Java build
1.8.0-ea-b121.

Cheers,

-hendrik

I verified it was now working , but in my use case the jpeg is within the html file so maybe that is the difference

paul