On Jul 14, 2010, at 11:49 PM, LuKreme wrote:

> Well, if you need ratings then no, that's your only choice. You cannot change
> the rating of a file in iTunes remotely as far as I can tell, it has to be
> changed on the machine the file is on (is on as far as iTunes is concerned).
> You could trigger an appleScript--I *think* the ratings are settable via
> apple script.

Testing Tune Connect now... it does allow remote ratings. It also gives you a
local system-wide hotkey for play/pause on the remote machine, which you don't
get with Screen Sharing or VNC - very nice. Doesn't show artwork though. So now
it's a tough call between Chicken of the VNC and Tune Connect. Leaning toward
Tune Connect.

>> Under Leopard, unless I'm crazy or my memory is screwed up, I could Cmd-Tab
>> to Screen Sharing, skip a track, and Cmd-Tab back to my native desktop.
>
> And boy, did that drive me up the wall. When I am screen sharing I want to be
> controlling the remote machine.

Well, again it comes down to whether you actually want to *use* the remote
machine or just have good remote control for iTunes, in which case Screen
Sharing swallowing cmd-tab is a major PITA.

./s