On Sep 3, 2010, at 4:22 PM, John Stalberg wrote:

iTunes can control a remote library and write to it. I have one single library on my workstation and using iTunes on the workstation to control it. I also have a MacBook which use the same library. However, the two iTunes applications can't use the library at the same time. That is not of any problem for me

I use my iTunes library when away from home and if the bandwidth pemits I can listen and watch audio/video.

That part works fine, yes.

I can as I mentioned also write to the libray. I can use it as if it were a local library.

You can delete or rate tracks on the remote library? How?

The trick is to use file sharing!

Clarify please - What exactly are you sharing?

Guessing here - Do you mean you share the iTunes folder on the host Mac over the LAN, mount it on the remote machine, and tell the remote machine's iTunes to use that as the iTunes folder?

./s

--

>>> Birdhouse Hosting <<<
Customized web and mail  solutions