On Dec 17, 2010, at 9:58 PM, Kevin Callahan wrote:

> playback of media coming of the Internets on any of my devices tends to
> suffer from buffer timing issues -
>
> when I test my download speed using www.speedtest,net, I get 38 Mbits DOWN
> and 5 Mbits up.
>
> but watching YouTube vids or vids streamed off MobileMe Gallery, whether on
> one of Macs or one of my iOS devices is not optimal -
> playback tends to stall - buffering seems miscalculated
>
> sites tend to stall as well - Safair, Firefox .. doesn't matter - sometimes
> fast as hell  - other times, Safari sits there spinning -
> same with FF.
>
> Sre there network issues with 10.6.5? or is it QT specifically ? or ?
>
> ** I'm not the only one seeing this - I get emails from friends and family
> saying they're trying various configurations on their networks and routers
> trying to solve the problem

I used to have issues with Flash based videos doing this in Safari but not FF.
But that does not seem to be your issue.

I would say pipe congestion somewhere along the way.  As the use of video and
stuff online increases the people serving it are hitting bottlenecks it appears
and some of the carriers along the path to you are as well.

Chad