On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:13 AM, LuKreme wrote:

> On 6-Jan-2011, at 20:54, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>>
>> On 7 janv. 11, at 12:07, Arno Hautala wrote:
>>
>>> oth on my laptop and my
>>> desktop, when installing from the "Purchases" screen, it seemed to
>>> replace the existing bundle (even within a subfolder of
>>> /Applications).
>>>
>>> Stuffit Expander on the other hand, installed to the root of /Applications.
>>
>> That's what I feared: the App Store basically decides where you should put
>> the apps.
>
> Yes, of course it does. You didn't actually expect anything different, did
> you?
>
> What I don't like is it adds apps to the dock.

Would be a nice preference but a minor annoyance at most.

I am hoping they work out some way to merge existing into the store for
tracking.  That will be kind of hard because you are trying to add something to
a management system.  Such a system needs to be a closed loop to some degree to
maintain integrity of what it manages.  It can be done though and I hope future
iterations add it.