On Apr 23, 2011, at 12:42 PM, Nathan Sims wrote:

> In Mail.app, v4.5, OSX 10.6.7, if you click on the Message > Bounce menu
> item, it bounces the selected message by issuing the sender of the message a
> fake "Returned mail: User unknown" message. This is all well and good.
> However, it also deletes the message from your mailbox (and maybe from the
> server)! I can't find a preference to leave the message alone, just send the
> bounce message. Is there a way to do this?

Use the Copy contextual menu before bouncing it.

Seriously, the Bounce command is worse than worthless, it's actually harmful.
Almost all the messages you would want to bounce have forged headers anyway, so
all you are doing is spamming in turn some innocent guy who never sent the
message in the first place.

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.