I don't know when this first started happening but it was recently.  I don't
know if it happened with upgradeto 10.6.8 from 10.6.6 or from iTunes 10.3.x to
10.4 or exactly when.  But I just started noticing it in the last week or two
after I did the 10.6.6-10.6.8 upgrade and the iTunes upgrade.

I am getting frequent audio glitches.  Almost like a fraction of a second pause
in a song.  It is hard to tell if it is an audio drop out or a pause (ie,
sometimes it kind of feels the whole song's groove gets off like it actually
hangs for a fraction of a second though sometimes it just feels like a drop out
though I would vote mostly for the slight pause).

Most of my songs are on a shared server in my basement, though some songs are
stored locally on my Mac.  The Mac is a 2008 era Mac Pro 2x4 3.0ghz with 16GB
memory.   The glitches happen with locally stored tunes as well as ones stored
on the file server).  (File server is on internal gigabit network serving to
the mac pro wirelessly over 802.11n 5.0ghz band with an Airport Extreme of the
same age.)

I googled (actually bing'ed in this case as Google is annoying me with Android
patent stupidity at the moment) on iTunes audio glitches but did not find
anything.

Anyone else noticing this sort of thing?

Thanks
Chad