On Sep 20, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Charles Dyer wrote:

> Interesting. Personally I think that 25,000 tracks is a quite generous
> allowance, and based on the number of tracks I've seen many users have, a
> limit which will accommodate the vast majority of users.

Definitely true, but when I conducted a blog poll on this question when Amazon
launched their service a while ago, 12% of the admittedly small number of
respondents said they had more than 100,000 tracks. So there's definitely a
userbase of lifelong music collectors out there who have built up larger
collections over time (and no, you don't need to resort to piracy to get to
these numbers at all).

http://birdhouse.org/blog/2011/03/31/how-big-is-your-mp3-collection/

> Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what you consider to be a non-lame
> number? 50k? 100k? 250k? A million? Perhaps if you advance sufficient
> reasons, and forward them to Apple, they may regret their lameness and bow to
> your superior opinion.

Wow, where is that coming from? I wasn't being "superior" in the least. Just
saying there are a heck of a lot of people out there who will be excluded from
using the service, and that's really unfortunate (it's lame because it seems
arbitrarily low (to me)).

./s