On Oct 29, 2011, at 12:26 AM, Macs R We wrote:

Just reaffirmed my original finding. I noticed I had my Airport on unnecessarily, as I was cabled in. After hitting the "login" button at PayPal, I turned Airport off while I waited for the page to load. IMMEDIATELY, Safari bitched that file://...Resources/ could not be opened because it was a directory.

So, what does your stack dump look like?  That is the defining issue.

So your failure more may be different, but mine is confirmed.

I filed a bug report with apple. They asked for more info. A couple days later they closed it as a duplicate of an existing bug that they are working on. It appears the NVidia GL driver has a bug in it that is getting triggered in Safari, based on the stack dumps. I found the same stack dump as mine through Google with a guy who had an iMac with an NVidia graphics card.