On Dec 7, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:

> Bumpage
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Michael_google gmail_Gersten
> <keybou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any spaces/expose equivalent / any third party
>> window/desktop manager that works under 10.7?
>>
>> The very idea that "All your firefox windows -- all 50 of them -- are
>> a single group, and those preview windows are all a separate group,
>> and those textedit windows are yet another group" is a pain.
>>
>> This behavior is bad enough -- but livable -- under 10.5 when I can
>> force different topics into different _desktops_. Spaces _and expose_
>> organize by my
>> _desktops_, so this combination of Firefox windows, PDF manuals, and text
>> edit notes all are on one subject, and those over there are on another
>> subject.
>>
>> From what I understand, 10.7 forces it to be per-app, and refuses to
>> honor your desktop spaces.
>>
>> So for me, 10.7 is a major loss here. Are there any third party apps
>> -- even just virtual desktops -- that work?
>
> This is probably the biggest show stopper for me for upgrading to
> 10.7. Replacing spaces with something that makes windows tiny because
> that app has a lot, with no way to group things meaningfully, with no
> real support for virtual desktops (I actually asked an Apple rep at
> BestBuy, and they said "no"), is worse than no PPC emulation.

I am a little confused by all this.    Except for the grid, it pretty much
works like spaces did before.  I can group each desktop with the windows I
want.  Or maybe I am not understanding?

When I upgraded, it has the same number of spaces defined as I did before and
apps that were set to be in every space still were.  I can put multiple safari
windows in multiple spaces.

Help me understand