Can anyone recommend a USB WiFi antenna?

I bought an iMac a couple of weeks ago and the WiFi connection keeps dropping
and/or slowing way down. If I reboot, I get broadband speeds for a while but
eventually it drops to dialup speeds -- plus the connection drops
intermittently.

Googling "iMac WiFi" turns up a lot of similar complaints, some blaming
hardware (bad antennas) and some blaming software (in particular, the 10.7.3
update). Some people have said the problem is triggered by waking from sleep.

I've tried various suggested solutions and none of them work. At this point,
I'm willing to try one of those USB WiFi antennas in case it's a hardware
problem. It's stupid to have to spend money on this, but bringing the Mac back
to the store for repair, exchange, or even refund is more hassle than I want to
deal with right now.

Suggestions?

--Andy