On Apr 16, 2012, at 2:26 PM, objectwerks inc wrote:

> My Mac Pro is not in a location I can easily run ethernet to.  It is not my
> house so I don't want to do any construction work :0 to run a cable.  So I
> connect via our Airport Extreme on the N 5ghz band.  Our "media center" Mac
> Mini runs on the same.  I get pretty good performance.  The AE is in the
> basement while Mac Pro is over 1/2 a house away on the next floor up.  The
> Mac Mini is closer but still a floor up.

I don't remember if you're the guy with the original problem, but if your
problem is with signal to a single client machine, then the "power booster"
solution (Engenius 1650 in bridge mode) would be the most effective.

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.