objectwerks inc opined on Monday 17-Dec-2012@11:58:17
> I don't know much about how this works, but I don't have a recovery partition
> yet I can still boot with CMD-R and get into the recovery screens.

Then you have a recovery partition.

$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *90.0 GB    disk0
   1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         89.2 GB    disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

--
a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting
can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a