On Jan 3, 2013, at 12:15 AM, Scot Hacker <shac...@birdhouse.org> wrote:

> So... what is the current state-of-the-art for listening to your home iTunes
> library from work? VNC + some audio tunneling solution over ssh? Custom
> utilities?  Everything I've read on this tonight seems out of date - doesn't
> seem like a lot of current action on this front. But there must be
> *something* excellent out there.

It took a while, but I've cracked the code. With the just-right combination of
Nicecast, port forwarding, and Screen Sharing, I'm now listening to and
controlling my home music collection from work. A fair bit of setup, but
totally worth it. Wrote an explainer here, in case anyone else wants to give it
a shot:

http://birdhouse.org/blog/2013/01/25/listen-to-your-home-itunes-collection-from-work/

Thanks all for the input.

./s