On Feb 10, 2013, at 5:15 PM, Neil Laubenthal <n...@laubenthal.net> wrote:

> You should be able to open the backup folder on the drive, navigate to the
> latest dated/timed backup, and copy that off to wherever you want to store
> it. If you use the Time Machine interface it's not that easy; but just copy
> it in Finder and all will work fine. Don't worry about the fact that the Time
> Machine backups have hard links in them to keep from having more than one
> copy of each individual file version; doing a finder copy will copy the files
> referenced by the hard links.

Thanks! sounds easy :)

One more, and maybe complicated question if I may….

Time Machine keeps not only old copies of files, but also deleted files. If I
copy the latest backup,  will presumably get the files that were in place at
that time.

Is there a way I can also merge in any deleted files? (I would not want old
versions of files that are there, only the files that were not there at the
last backup)

Thank you very much!!