On Apr 24, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Andy Lee wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2013, at 12:52 PM, Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/tickets/
>>
>> Tomorrow at 10am, 100,000 iOS and OSX developers will be madly rushing to
>> get 1 of just 5000 tickets, all of which will be gone by 10:05am.
>>
>> Even a lottery or some such would be better, at least there'd be _some_
>> chance of getting in...
>
> This effectively *is* a lottery, isn't it? Everybody will try at the same
> time, and only chance will decide who succeeds?

That depends also on one's internet speed, refresh acuity, etc. There's _got_
to be a better way! Everyone dreads the thought of vying for the worm. Can't
see how I'll ever get there at this rate.

Perhaps Apple should hold a "crowd sourcing" contest of sorts to see who can
come up with the most equitable scheme. The winner, of course, gets a free pair
of tickets ;-)