On 19 May 2013, at 23:07 , LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> As you can see, there are 5 volumes listed in /Volumes but only three listed
> in the Finder view of /Volumes. The other two volumes (network mounts from
> two other machines) do not show up in the Finder at all. There is no way, for
> example, for me to get them into the Finder's sidebar. If I go to the Shared
> section and click on the appropriate machine, I will see the names of the
> possible shares as folder icons with the 'three paper dolls" network icon.
> The mounted drive will show an eject icon at the end of its name in list
> view, but still shows the 'unmounted' icon.
>
> This problem persists with these drive across the other machines. So, for
> example, if "Zero" is mounted on the machine Porphyrion is connected to, then
> it does not show up in the finder either, and vise versa.

As a followup, I have fixed this (at least for now). I was checking the hidden
status on the drive on the commuter the drive was actually on, not on the
computers that mounted the drives. When I checked the mounts, the drives show
up as hidden, and changing them seems to have fixed it.

However, there is still one bit of oddness:

<https://copy.com/cdJW3IZYMCSKjaDF>

When I drag one of the drives to the Finder sidebar, it appears for a second
and then vanishes.

--
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a
replacement.