This may be a bit out there, but I want to setup a folder I have on a web
server full of MP3 files so that I can subscribe to them via a podcast app.

All the podcast apps seem to want an RSS feed, so I'm wondering what the best
way to create an RSS feed for a folder on my Mac that I can drop files in and
have the rss update just like this folder was a 'real' podcast.

Does the answer change at all if I want to force authentication for accessing
the folder?

10.9.4 system, and I also have a machine runner no 10.9.4 server.

I will only have a couple of hundred files, and I don't think that will be a
problem for the podcast player I want to use (Overcast).

--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.