Windows systems must use MBR partitioning for boot drives. (They can use GUID
partitioning for data drives, but you can’t install Windows on a GUID
partitioned drive without going to a _lot_ of trouble.) OS X prefers GUID
partitioning for use as boot drives. You can boot OS X from either APT or MBR,
but it’s not easy. MBR is limited to 2.1 TB; it can’t detect anything beyond
that. GUID theoretically can see a lot further. (Etabytes, I think. Far more
than is presently practical, anyway.)

Your Mac should not have any problem.