Ha! So I’m not the only poor schlub! Just today I upgraded my laptop from
10.9.4 to 'yose mite' and it started spewing some trash talk about me not
having bought ARD! I tried three times, but it stubbornly refuses to upgrade
it. Bugs, bugs, bugs. Maybe someone at Apple will finally notice it and quietly
‘fix’ the issue. There sure have been a lot of them recently. Don’t get me
started on iOS 8.1...

It was also funny to notice that after upgrading to 10.10, it still insisted on
installing the 10.9.5 upgrade! Fortunately I caught that one and didn’t click
on ‘Update All’.

-Carl