I have the following line in a logout.sh script that I've been running for
several OS Versions:

$USER=$1
_RUSER=`dscl . -read /Users/$USER RealName | tail -1
logger -t session "** RUser is \"$_RUSER\""

Which used to log the real name of the user and now logs

session[31453]: ** RUser is " dsRecTypeStandard"

If I run the command from the command line, it works just fine, which makes me
think that what is getting passed to the logout script via logout hooks is not
the same as it was in 10.9 and previous. In fact, if I try to echo $1, I get
nothing at all.

sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LogoutHook /path/to/script

I could figure out how to make this a launchdaemon if it comes to that, but
this has been working for several OS versions.

Any ideas?

--
'And trust no-- Trust practically no-one. All right? Except trustworthy
people.'