> On Nov 6, 2014, at 3:37 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary
> <jean.christophe.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 7, 2014, at 00:51, Michael <keybou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What am I doing wrong here?
>>
>> keybounceMBP:tmp michael$ mdfind -name Xcode.app
>> keybounceMBP:tmp michael$ ls -d /Applications/Xcode.app/
>> 0 /Applications/Xcode.app//
>>
>> Mdfind does not return anything, yet it is there.
>
> Indeed, especially since $ mdfind Xcode.app finds it too.

-name search only match on the filename portion of bundles.

It may not be quite that simple, but I know it works as expected with .pdf .txt
.jpg etc extensions, but things like .app and .sparsebundle are only matched on
the name portion.

I don’t think this is new/

--
He'd never asked for an exciting life. What he really liked, what he
sought on every occasion, was boredom. The trouble was that boredom