I have an Airplay-enabled A/V receiver on my home network. It shows up as a
target in both iTunes and from my iOS devices, and I can stream regular audio
to it just fine. But I can't seem to find a definitive answer to the following
questions:

1) Is it possible to stream surround-encoded audio (e.g. 5.1 Dolby Digital AC3,
etc.) via Airplay? For example, I tried the two test files at

  https://web.archive.org/web/20120502012657/http://lynnemusic.com/surround.html

(links on lynnemusic.com are dead, but the archived snapshot has both files) --
but I can't get either one to import into iTunes, which makes me wonder if this
is even possible at all. I can play both files in VLC just fine, and the
receiver's surround hookup is working correctly.

2) Is it possible to stream video (regardless of the audio encoding) to an
Airplay-enabled target other than an AppleTV? I can view a video in iTunes, but
I see no way to stream it to the receiver (which has a full video path,
including HDMI output to an attached TV).

Sorry if these are obtuse, and thanks in advance for any tips.

-H