I wanted to place a call from my iMac Retina.  I selected the phone number on a
web page but I didn’t get the expected option to dial it using my iPhone 5S
which was in another part of my house. I had to copy the number, then launch
FaceTime and paste it into the textField.  Once the call was initiated (to an
online retailer), I was asked to press 1, 2 or 3 depending on what option I
wanted.  I don’t see a keypad or dialer on Yosemite.  I had to run to grab my
phone (defeating the whole purpose of calling from my iMac) and enter the
number on my iPhone, but the options I tapped on my iPhone were not picked up
via the call originating from Yosemite.

First, any idea why the phone number on a Safari page was not recognized as a
phone number?  It was a simple 1.800.xxx.xxxx using dot separation, not
hyphenation.

Second, is there no dialer or keypad on Yosemite for making calls?  Do we have
to go through FaceTime?

Would be nice to have a dialer widget in the Notification Center.  Has anybody
made one?

-K