On 2014-11-23, at 12:16 AM, Macs R We <macs...@macsrwe.com> wrote:

>>> Why don't you just set energy saver to put your display to sleep? That's
>>> black.
>>
>> Not for my external display. I get a bright blue screen, and "No Input"
>> flowing across it.
>>
> I would check your monitor’s onboard settings. It should go into standby mode
> when not receiving input.

It "should", but i've gone over everything I can adjust. No such setting.

(It's an HDMI Tv, and after reporting issues to Apple, they have concluded it
doesn't even support EID which lets the computer know when it's the same
monitor -- so the computer keeps assuming "new TV, use the default settings".)

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce