Thank you very much for the reply.

After checking a bit, it looks like the problem is linked to shortcut issues I
have system-wide. Maybe a access right issue, I don't know.

I could not find a way to fix that so what I did is try to manually assign
shortcuts to each "Go to Favorites" menu item in System Preference. The mere
fact that I entered the shortcut section of SP fixed the issue...

I have a similar problem with the service shortcuts. When I try to modify them
sometimes I'm lucky and I can, sometimes I am not and the system puts
everything back to defaults. So I have a copy of a "clean" pbs.plist file in my
preference folder and when I see the system is in a bad mood and has changed my
stuff, I just revert my default with the copy.

Another thing I have, is a text substitution issue. At every reboot, they stop
to work. So I have to create a fake one in SP, erase it right away and they're
back again.

I understand the issues are specific to my system and I have no idea how to
properly fix them (maybe the machine has a HD issue that impacts the SP
shortcuts application, I don't know)...

Jean-Christophe