> On Sep 28, 2018, at 12:47 PM, Andy Ringsmuth <a...@andyring.com> wrote:
>
> I suspect that machine is too old to run either High Sierra or Mojave.

Not according to HT208898. And if the machine were too old, the App Store
shouldn't show me Mojave to upgrade to. The really annoying thing is that they
HIDE the previous installers like they're radioactive. Macs R We is right - you
gotta archive off all the previous installers for that rainy day. Apple seems
paranoid about their mere existence.

- - -

With respect to Mojave, I generally like the "dark mode", but the dark mode
login screen has a 2-inch vertical white bar on the left hand side. Is there a
purpose for that (other than burning in the screen)? This doesn't appear in
"light mode".

And FWIW, what some people are saying is true for me: All the machines I've
upgraded so far are now S-L-O-W (they weren't before). Lots of spinners. GUI
response is also slow. Nothing else is running on the systems, and it's been a
day already, it's not Spotlight indexing... Feels like swimming through motor
oil. Will 10.14.1 address this?

-Carl