Hi:

For some reason the "open with…” menu has several  items which are new versions
of the same app.

Eg Open with:

PDF Expert( 2.5.6)
PDF Expert( 2.5.7)
PDF Expert( 2.5.8)

There’s a couple of others in the same vein, but you get the idea.

I’ve tried deleting:   ~/library/preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.prefs
but this is

replaced on restart with one labelled:
com.apple.LaunchServices.QuarantineEventsV2

There is also a folder: com.apple.LaunchServices  which contains:
com.apple.launchservices.secure.plist    Opening this with BBEdit shows only a
single pdfexpert with no version numbers and similarly for the others.

`I’ve also tried rebuilding the launch services database which doesn’t solve
the problem.

Can someone tell me how I can remove what are effectively duplicates, from the
menu.

Chris Walker

Catalina 10.15.5