Hi:

I have narrowed down the cause of incessant crashing of my Mac (and,
more recently, its refusal to startup) to be likely something called
“SIMBL.” There seem to be lots of log messages just before the crash
or where startup gets stuck referencing this.

Some quick searching reveals that there maybe an issue with SIMBL and
MacOS 10.14 or greater (I’m on 11.1, on an iMac late 2015), and most
articles suggest uninstalling by manually removing a list of files.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know if it’s safe to just delete
files associated with SIMBL?

Thank you!

Jeff