On Mar 4, 2021, at 11:28 PM, Macs R We <macs...@macsrwe.com> wrote:

There's a free tool called Grand Perspective. If you've never seen the
interface before, you'll think it is the most bizarre thing you've ever
seen, but after you've used it just once you will wonder why no one ever
did it before. I've had people find mail logs that had wildly grown out of
control due to gmail bugs, dead copies of macOS that they forgot they had,
and things like that. The huge files are glaringly obvious off the bat. I
believe there is a mode where you can ask it to request the admin password
from you and it will scan additional portions of the file system to the
same effect. It's possible on that last detail that I'm thinking of
DaisyDisk, another tool that does much the same task with a different
interface, that is available for trial use.

Thank you all for these ideas. I’ll go find these and see what shows up!