Dual window support on the mac is painful.

In older version (10.9.5), left/right works just fine. Vertical will sort-of
work, if the menu bar is on the top window, and the widths of the screens
match. And this will work *until* you right click. (Or maybe it was when a
context menu came up -- I never tested in a drawing program where right
clicking just changed to the other pen.)

The real problem is the "full screen" concept.
In 10.9.5, "full screen" has two different implementations. One is "Make this
window content cover this entire screen, but do not alter the second screen."
This is the *good* system. It lets me use my 720p monitor to watch a 720p video
while doing something else.

The second concept, and apparently the only concept in 10.12, is "Switch to a
new space. Blank out all windows, fill this content to the current monitor, and
make all other monitors useless. Disable space changing".

My computer ** IS FOR MULTITASKING**.
Apple seems to feel "One task to rule them all".

Back in ... was it 10.4? 10.5? I could close a window, and go to the next
window. I could have multiple spaces, and each space would have multiple apps
open, and I only had to worry about the windows that were on the active space.

Today? I close a window and go to the next window *of that app*. If I'm on one
space, and close a window, I might get switched to a different space to see a
window of that same app. The very idea that I might need to work with multiple
apps to work on a single project? Nope.

Apple's approach of Single-app tasking fits the whole "You want full screen,
you get a space dedicated to one window", and the whole "You can't go back to
the last window, you go to another window of this app".

It's painful.

My next computer will be linux.