[EMAIL PROTECTED] (allan) wrote:
>im also trying to get started with mod:perl on osX
>
>below is a qoute from the cpan testers:
>
>>For a long time I couldn't get mod_perl to compile on Darwin.  It
>>turned out that when I installed LWP (a prerequisite for running the
>>mod_perl tests) it created /usr/bin/HEAD, which clobbered
>>/usr/bin/head, which is necessary during the build process.  When I
>>cleared this up, mod_perl built & tested flawlessly.

That's from me.

You'll need to find someone with the proper 'head' binary (much easier
than finding the source and compiling it yourself) and have them mail it
to you as an attachment or whatever.  Then move 'HEAD' into
/usr/local/bin/ (along with GET and POST and a few lwp-* programs), and
put the real 'head' into /usr/bin/.

I can send you the 'head' binary if you want.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum