hi everybody,

I'm new to Perl (and to the list), and I'm having a nightmare of a
problem which I just cant seem to solve. Every time I try and use
CPAN and install something, I get an error like this:

cpan> install Bundle::CPAN
Going to read y/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
Going to read y/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
Scanning cache y/build for sizes
Going to read y/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz

   CPAN: MD5 security checks disabled because MD5 not installed.
   Please consider installing the MD5 module.

zsh: no such file or directory: y/sources/authors/id/A/AN/ANDK/CPAN-1.59.tar.gz
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
tar: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.
y/sources/authors/id/A/AN/ANDK/CPAN-1.59.tar.gz: No such file or directory
Couldn't uncompress y/sources/authors/id/A/AN/ANDK/CPAN-1.59.tar.gz

It doesnt matter what i try and install, the same thing always
happens. How can i correct this? Or, failing that, how can I
reinstall CPAN?

TIA,

Kerin