> On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:
>

>> On Monday, September 17, 2001, at 05:25  AM, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> That sounds insanely cool.  How come they won't release it?
>>
>>    There is a reasonable apprehension to adding to the list of supported
>> API in Mac OS.  It's yet another thing that might break and hold up a
>> release, costing oodles of dollars.
>
> That was what I expected (and it's a better reason than most).
>
> Have you (or anyone else) tried to get them to just donate the code
> with a liberal license and then make the community support it?
>
>>    Mostly, I don't think they appreciate how useful it would be
>> to us perl hackers, and what all coolness we could bring to Mac
>> OS if only we had it.
>
> yeah; in MacOS X we could (finally) have applications written in
> Perl that for the user would look just like any other.
>

> - ask

So then, let's start a petition =)

I think too, that such an API was simply genious! With that, the OS X
platform would gain a lot of application programmers.
Hmmm, I just have to think about that. I enjoy the idea to write a non
webserver based application to admin mysql on OS X. And that was only the
top of it...

Stefan Rusterholz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]