On Saturday, September 22, 2001, at 05:48 AM, Steve Torrence wrote:

> The error I get when I try to execute if from the terminal is:
>
> [localhost:~] steve% cd /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables
> [localhost:/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables] steve% perl default.ida
> Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /System/Library/Perl/darwin /System/Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin
> /Library/Perl /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/darwin
> /Network/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl .) at default.ida line 30.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at default.ida line 30.

Hi Steve -

That's telling you that you're missing a module that's required to run
the program. You can find the required module at
<http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-
category/15_World_Wide_Web_HTML_HTTP_CGI/LWP/libwww-perl-5.53.tar.gz>.
Once you've downloaded that, be sure to gunzip and untar it, if it
hasn't already been done. You should now open a terminal window and
locate the directory that was created from gunzipping and untarring. If
you prefer to do that from the terminal window, this ought to do it:

steve% gzip -c -d libwww-perl-5.53.tar.gz | tar -xf -

Or any of several other similar variations.

You'll see a set of files in there, one of which is README. It will tell
you what other files you may need to get to complete the installation.
You'll also see the directions for installation under the "INSTALLATION"
heading. The last step, "make install", needs to be done as an admin
user. I suggest using sudo or su prior to running make install.

If you find yourself downloading a lot of these modules (say 2 or more),
consider using the cpan module to help. Type this at the command line:

steve% perl -MCPAN -e shell

and it will guide you through setting things up.

Mike Schienle
Interactive Visuals, Inc.
http://www.ivsoftware.com