Just for the record...

I put "firstmakefile=GNUmakefile" into darwin.sh and added
"-flat_namespace" to the ldflags there as well.  I rename the old Perl
directories.  It makes!

Run tests.  4 fail as expected.  Odd that it works at all, since if you
even try to do a "perl -v", it spits at you that it can't find a
required library (well, duh, I've moved them... :-).  But it does what
is expected.

Now the weirdness...

"make install" just comes back saying that "install is up to date".  No
it isn't!  Eep.

Look at makefile.  See various install options.  try "make
install-verbose" so that, hopefully, I can see what it's actually doing.
This, however, works.  Odd.  I'll have to try to puzzle that out when
I'm not about to head out the door.

But it's now there.  Thanks, everyone, for your help!

dha
--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
New Songs/New Members/New CD/Same rotten attitude