At 4:25 PM -0600 12/1/01, Joshua Kaufman wrote:
>Thanks for the help. Now I can see the errors that the script is
>generating, but I'm still not sure how to access argv from my perl
>script. For example, if I want to assign the contents of argv to
>@some_array how do I do that?
>
>Tantalizingly, if i just write:
><code>
>#!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
>use strict;
>
>open LOG, ">log.txt" or die "can't open the logfile $!";
>

>foreach my $file (@ARGV) {
>print  LOG "$file\n";
>}
></code>
>
>then I get (just) one of the files, but this leads me to believe
>that I don't need to create my own array. Any help is appreciated.

@ARGV _is_ an array, and it can be copied to another array:

@some_array = @ARGV;

Just to check: are you dropping multiple files on the droplet in one
'drop', or are you dropping each file one at a time?

If the latter, study the open() command; as written, each time your
script is called, it writes over what was already there.

Otherwise, what are the errors you see? Maybe there's a hint there.

HTH

1;
--

   - Bruce