At 5:53 PM +0100 1/22/2002, Brad Paton wrote:
>Anyone have any clues why a perl script run from the command line
>would stop parsing after reading a commented line? When I invoke the
>script via "perl p1.pl" from the shell without a "#!/usr/local/perl"
>comment on the first line, it works fine, but with it, or any other
>comment, the script stops executing any code following the comment.
>
>TIA
>
>brad

Are you using unix newlines (linefeeds) for your file? I would expect
this behavior with traditional Mac newlines (carriage returns). Many
text editors allow you to toggle the type of line endings before
saving a file.

(The file appears as a single line to Perl. Everything after the first
"#" looks like a comment.)

-Charles
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]